During transmission of power voltage level changed several times. To control the power flow, a load dispatch Centre is used. It coordinates the real-time operations of regional, National, state-level grids. LDC(Load Dispatch Center) is an important link between generation and transmission.
LDC are classified into three types depending on the area of operation.
1) Regional Load Dispatch Centre (RLDC)
2) State Load Dispatch Centre (SLDC)
3) National Load Dispatch Centre (NLDC)
- SLDC’s are connected to RLDC’s are connected to NLDC
Function of LDCs
1) It controls and supervises the power flow over the grids.
2) It integrates the operation of the power system as per the electricity act, 2003
3) It carries the real-time operation as per grid codes and Standards
4) Maintain the balance between load demand and generation
5) Quality and quantity of power supply
6) Maintain scheduling of generating units and transmission lines
7) Grid stability
8) Load forecast and load demand estimation
9) Economic load dispatch
10) system security and islanding facility
11) Cold start operations
12) Fault prevent measure with Switchgear
13) Co-ordination with neighbouring grids
14) Public relations and consumer dispute/graveness settling
15) load pattern variation
16) categorical study of analysis with seasonal consumer pattern variational analysis
17) fault event analysis with effects
18) loading of generating station
19) operation in coordination with Central electricity authorities (CEA), National and State Electricity Regulatory Commissions.
20) Segregation of Faulty system from stable systems.